Addax & Oryx Foundation
The Addax and Oryx Foundation funds projects that:
- Are conducted by registered non-profit, non-governmental organisations (see also under Limitations and exclusions) with:
- Proven experience and competence in the proposed area of activity.
- Demonstrated budget efficiency and transparency in the use of funds.
- Contribute to the eradication of the root causes of poverty in Africa and the Middle East.
- Focus on the Foundation’s four core areas:
- Community development
- The environment.
- Create a sustainable and measureable impact for the most underprivileged populations.
- Ensure sustainable development by building skills and empowerment for the long-term.
The Foundation gives preference to projects that cover two or more of its core areas, and to small organisations run by highly committed individuals who are directly involved in the projects they propose.
The organisations it supports commit to biannual reporting on the progress of the project and the use of funds. The Foundation is strongly committed to efficient technical and financial management of the projects its finances.