Do you intend to carry out a joint innovation project with a company but you know that you need additional expertise from a foreign research institution? As the leading research institution in a bilateral research and development project, you can make use of research expertise from abroad to carry out your complex innovation project.
Criteria for involving a foreign research institution
The following criteria must be met for bilateral R&D projects:
- You work at a university research institute or a non-commercial research institute outside the higher education sector (List of research institutions participating in CTI projects (PDF, 91 kB, 28.12.2016)).
- You would like to work on an innovation project with a Swiss company and intend to submit an R&D project to the CTI.
- You must show that the foreign research partner has expertise not otherwise available to the Swiss partner.
- The Swiss research institution for which you work must head the project; the majority of the research work must be done in Switzerland. The larger part of the CTI funding must go to your research institution.
- The research partnership must promise to benefit both your research institution and that of your research partner.