Research on Sustainable Food Systems and Diets
Project entries are first examined to determine how sound the project and organization behind it are. Also examined is how closely the organization and project meet the Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation’s mandatory criteria and, if necessary, the terms of the call for projects.
This Programme is international
A great research effort is needed if the challenge to shift to more sustainable food systems is to be met.The effort must be geared towards grasping system complexity and identifying comprehensive solutions that guide action.
The Foundation finances the work of inernational teams of researchers in the field of sustainable food systems and diets and which advance knowledge in pursuit of comprehensive solutions. The Foundation’s International Sustainable Food Systems and Diets Scientific Committee determines year by year the subject of research and proposes the scientific teams who should be backed.
More on the 2015 Call for research projects.
Exemple of funded projects :
- RUAF Foundation joint project with FAO “CityFoodTools“
- Columbia University, Bioversity International and Wageningen University, Project “Nutrition Sensitive Landscape“
- University of Michigan and Consejo Nacional de Salud, project “Food systems dynamics and nutritional impacts in the transitioning Global South“
- INRA, MARKIZ project (Markets for Sustainable Innovative cropping systems with zero pesticides)
- University of Sussex, IDS
- UNESCO Chair for World Food Systems, Montpellier SupAgro
- Bioversity International
- Sunniva and Susdiet through the ERA-NET call for European research projects on the theme of “Sustainable Food production and consumption” (SUSFOOD).
THE PREMIO DANIEL CARASSO