PH Luzern – University of Teacher Education Lucerne
The University of Teacher Education Lucerne (UTE Lucerne) is the centre for teacher education, pedagogy and didactics, located in the middle of the university hub of central Switzerland.
For educators at all levels
PH Luzern is fully at the service of schools and education at all levels, including vocational education and continuing formation. Its empirical approach to teaching, research, development, and consulting is dedicated to addressing the needs of future and in-service practitioners, including educational administrators of schools and political authorities. PH Luzern prepares educators for the major challenges they will face and provides them with individual opportunities to develop in the profession.
UTE Lucerne has a strong strategic emphasis on cooperations with partners in Subsaharan Africa, namely Cameroon, Tanzania and Kenya. The current strategic content focus targets the establishment of a multilateral, multinational and inter-continental school network and the joint development of new pedagogical approaches to educational exchanges on different levels.
Research and Teaching Areas
- Teacher Education, Special Needs Pedagogy, Educational Science, Subject-specific Didactics
- Pre-primary and primary levels (kindergarten and grades 1 to 6)
- Secondary level I (grades 7-9)
- Secondary level II / Vocational education and training
- Special needs education
- Number of Bachelor programmes: 3
- Number of Master programmes: 4
- Number of programmes in continuing education: 36 CAS, DAS, MAS
T 041 203 01 11