African Economic Research Consortium AERC Awards
PhD Fellowships & Thesis Research Awards. Students must provide evidence of an attachment to, or sponsorship by, an institution in sub-Saharan Africa engaged in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector in the region. All announcements for PhD Fellowships are posted in January, every year, on AERC website.
To qualify, candidates must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP degree-awarding universities;
- Have attained at Bachelors Degree level at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or related field from an accredited university;
- Have a Masters Degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics and quantitative methods;
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states are encouraged to apply.
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage.
The PhD thesis research awards applications have two deadlines per year: January 31st for the June award and July 31st for the December award.