The Aggregator 2020 – Start-up vs Covid-19 Matchmaking Competition
We are pleased to inform you that the following African and European tech hubs (Incubateur Descartes – France, Technoport SA – Luxembourg, INNOVUS – South Africa, and AfriLabs – pan-African network of innovation hubs) have joined forces with Indian incubators in the Europe-India Innovation Partnership network, and launched a call for application called the molecular start-up initiative – International Start-up vs Covid-19 Matchmaking Competition between Europe, Africa and India.
This competition is designed to identify, reward and promote innovative start-up and SMEs interested in expanding to Europe, India or Africa, to be matched to each other and join forces to become a molecular-startup. A molecular start-up is an association of different start-ups to form only one. The main goal is to increase their growth and give them many opportunities on the international market. The selected start-ups will be matched based on having the same maturity in terms of development, similar or complementary products or services, or same targeted market!
The 3 matched companies with the highest potential of becoming molecular start-ups will win a travel allowance to the other region.
We highly encourage that you share this opportunity with your relevant portfolio-startups so that they can apply! The application deadline is on October 30th!
Innovative start-ups’ and SMEs’ projects providing solutions to the Covid-19 healthcare crisis are expected, including those addressing in particular one or many of the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- #2 Zero Hunger (related to food wastage)
- #3 Good Health and Well Being
- #4 Quality education
- #6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- #7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- #8 Decent work and economic growth
- #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- #12 Responsible consumption and production
- #13 Climate action
What is in it for the selected start-ups:
- Grow your business in new markets in Europe, Africa and India by receiving access to mentors, strategic partners and market experts in your target region(s);
- Rapidly validate your product and service ideas in new markets;
- Be matched with a start-up or business of similar size from Europe, Africa or India that is working on similar or complementary solutions to yours;
- Be introduced to and receive support in engaging with your counterpart;
- Receive mentoring and legal advice on how to collaborate with your counterpart business in Europe, Africa or India;
- The group of 3 matching companies with the highest potential of becoming a molecular start-up, will win a travel allowance to the other region for taking the next steps towards serious engagements.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the call regulation. For start-ups to apply, they have to fill in and submit this application form together with a short video to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Jean-Christophe de Tauzia, the Managing Director at Incubateur Descartes (email@example.com) should you or your portfolio start-ups have any questions or concerns regarding the application process.