AAU – Association of African Universities
The Association of African Universities (AAU), is headquartered in Accra, Ghana, and is an apex organization. The Association provides a platform for research, reflection, consultation, debates, co-operation and collaboration on issues pertaining to higher education. It provides a range of services to its members and serves African higher education in a variety of ways. It has established and increased its role in the five sub-regions of Africa and can assemble teams of experts in relevant fields from the sub-regions.
- Promote interchange, contact and cooperation among universities and other institutions of higher education in Africa;
- Collect, classify and disseminate information on higher education and research, particularly in Africa;
- Promote cooperation among African higher education institutions in curriculum development, post graduate training, research, quality assurance, recognition of qualifications, the determination of equivalence of degrees, and other matters of special policy or practical interest to African higher education;
- Encourage and empower members of the Association to address developmental challenges and become an effective voice in national, regional and global higher education discourse;
- Study and make known the educational and related needs of African universities and other institutions of higher education and, as far as practicable, co-ordinate the means whereby those needs may be met;
- Contribute to the improvement of leadership, institutional management and the policy environment of African higher education; and
- Organise, encourage and support public fora for information dissemination and exchange and policy dialogue on issues of higher education.
Association of African Universities Secretariat Trinity Avenue, Next to NCTE, NAB and NAPBTEX East Legon, Accra P. O. Box AN 5744, Accra-North, Ghana