Latvian Government Study Scholarships for International Students in Latvia
Deadline: 1 April 2017
Open to: foreign students, researchers and teaching staff
Scholarship: for bachelor`s and master`s students – 500 EUR per month; for PhD students – 670 EUR per month
Latvian Government is now accepting applications for ‘Study Scholarships’ to pursue undergraduate, master and PhD degree. These scholarships are available to international students for the academic year 2017-2018.
Scholarships are offered to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies for studies, research and participation in summer schools.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Citizens from countries which have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens can apply for the Latvian state scholarships;
- Applications for bachelor`s and the first level of professional higher education studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia) at the moment of application (February, March 2017);
- Scholarships for bachelor`s and master`s studies are granted for one academic year –a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months);
- Scholarship for master`s studies in the study programmes of Latvian philology, Latvian literature, Latvian culture and Latvian history can be granted for two academic years, i.e. for the duration of master`s study programme;
- Nationality: Citizens from countries which have signed an Agreement can apply for these Latvian government scholarships.
- For bachelor`s and master`s students – 500 EUR per month;
- For PhD students – 670 EUR per month.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.